* We discovered recently that Tristan really enjoys the Wii Fit. He’s giggling hysterically and counting down “3, 2, 1” as his dad plays right now. I think we’ll have to create him a profile and try to convince him to play!
* Tristan’s vocabulary is far more versatile now. He can fill in the “go” if I say “time to…” and “ready, set…” Thus, he will follow directions to the best of his ability when they are simple and involve “going” in some fashion. He’s been repeating a lot of what other people say.. no swear words yet, though, but I bet that will change if he continues to watch playing of the Wii Fit. His words for milk and juice are starting to come out recognizably and he’s making a lot of the choice in beverage these past few days (something we’ve been trying to teach him for ages!!).
* He reads the following words out loud: baby, eyes, kick, go, me, mommy, daddy, hat, cat, happy, and possibly stop but he says stop kind of missing a couple of consonants so hard to be sure. I feel like I don’t have them all, either. 🙂
* He put his shoes (Crocs) on BY HIMSELF for the first time TODAY!! And we just noticed that he must’ve taken them off himself, as well, since he’s not wearing them.
* His singing is starting to include the “words.” His rendition of “Twinkle, Twinkle” is highly jargonful, but his “ABC” song includes some actual letters. He also will fill in “two” and “shoe” in “This Old Man.” Oh, he knows the word “shoe” contextually as of yesterday, as well! That one violates simple phonics rules so let’s hope he knows his reading words by memory. 😉
* He’s becoming so much more independent. He was able to climb out of the car today when unbuckled from his seat, and we can trust him on stairs for the most part. We can definitely trust him around stairs – specifically, he respects the boundary when we leave the baby gate over the stairs open.
* Mostly, Tristan is a complete ninja and becoming cuter and cuter as his personality is definitely like the rest of us here – a complete wiseass. 🙂